WELCOME TO IMMACULATE CONCEPTION SCHOOL KINDERGARTEN PAGE
Hi! My name is Miss Elaine Myszka. I have been teaching my whole career in Catholic Education. I started teaching at St. Josaphat’s School in Cheektowaga and I am in my 13th year here at Immaculate Conception School. All of my years have been spent teaching Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten. I love teaching Kindergarten and all the exploring, learning, and fun we get to have! I have my bachelor’s and master’s degrees in Elementary Education from Buffalo State College.
If you ever have any questions, please e-mail me at email@example.com and I will be happy to answer your questions or concerns.
Miss Elaine Myszka
KINDERGARTEN NEWS 4-14-18
The children did begin addition fluency practices this week and will continue 2-3 times weekly. The children have been practicing in class orally and with written homework. The children are then given a timed test in class (4 minute maximum). They must get 20 out of 24 correct to move on to the next level. Some levels they may need to repeat if they don’t get to the goal of 20 correct. Every level gets more difficult.
This week the children will be evaluated individually on our words to know- please practice with them at home. I have included the total list below.
Hot lunch is this Friday, April 20 for those who ordered.
Father- Daughter Dance is Saturday, April 21.
12:00 dismissal is Friday, April 27
What have we been working on-
The week of April 9, the children:
· Used objects, pictures, and drawings to show how many in all
· Wrote number sentences and solved addition problems
· Completed addition problems for fluency
· Used dice to complete number bonds
· Completed the Chapter Assessment on Addition
· Wrote in their journals about something they did over the Easter Break.
· Read and discussed the stories- Benjamin Franklin, It is the Wind, I Love Bugs!
· Reviewed letter sounds, learned the song Gertie Goose, learned words that begin and end with G and the proper way to print Gg.
· Review our words to know- learned words: take, find, this, big, get
· Learned about signs of spring and that Alleluia is a happy word. They drew a picture to show how they look when they say Alleluia.
· Painted a paper for our butterfly craft that will be completed next week.
Next week- the week of April 16, the children will:
· Begin Chapter 5: Subtraction. Learn our new vocabulary- minus, take away and subtract
· Act of subtraction stories
· Use objects to show subtraction
· Read and discuss the stories- Anasi and the Grasshopper, One Dog CanoeandIn the Big Blue Sea.
· Review the authors purpose.
· Review our words to know- introduce will, ran, be, she, he, tree
· Review our letter sounds, learn the song Reggie Rooster, words that begin and end with R and the proper way to print Rr
· Complete a butterfly craft
· Write a butterfly poem
· Attend the Mass on Tuesday at 9:15
If you ever have any questions or concerns, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
WORDS TO KNOW- Updated 4-14-18
2017-2018 SPECIAL SCHEDULE
MONDAY- Science Lab and Library
TUESDAY- Music and Physical Education
WEDNESDAY- Physical Education and Technology
THURSDAY- Art and Library
FRIDAY- Technology and Physical Education